Thursday, September 28, 2006

Mustard Seeds & Mountains

Jesus isn't a logo. I'm not promoting some company, some brand. I'm just professing my faith.
-Stephen Baldwin

'Grace' is such a simple word, but it says so much. It's the amazing grace God gives you that steps in and allows you to blossom.
-Michael McElroy, actor

Today's Quote
On no account brood over your wrongdoing. Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean.-Aldous Huxley


THE TWO CHOICES WE FACEby Jim Rohn
Each of us has two distinct choices to make about what we will do with our lives. The first choice we can make is to be less than we have the capacity to be. To earn less. To have less. To read less and think less. To try less and discipline ourselves less. These are the choices that lead to an empty life. These are the choices that, once made, lead to a life of constant apprehension instead of a life of wondrous anticipation.And the second choice? To do it all! To become all that we can possibly be. To read every book that we possibly can. To earn as much as we possibly can. To give and share as much as we possibly can. To strive and produce and accomplish as much as we possibly can. All of us have the choice.To do or not to do. To be or not to be. To be all or to be less or to be nothing at all...


LET GO OF THE THINGS THAT KEEP YOU FROM YOUR ULTIMATE GOODby Lisa Jimenez, M.Ed.
"It's an offer I can't refuse," I told Randy during one of the Mastermind Conference Calls. I was just offered a principal position at a local Christian pre-school and had all these wonderful visions of what it would be like...I pictured the students, learning and growing under my direction. I saw myself giving a smile and a hug to each one as they walked into class every morning. I heard the teachers sharing their ideas with me on how we could make our school better. I felt the parents patting me on the back and shaking my hand in congratulations to a job well done...My thoughts were interrupted with Randy's voice over the other end of the phone. "This isn't what you're supposed to be doing," he lamented. "You are a professional speaker." I replied with the strong argument that this might just be the time for me to get back to my first career, which was teaching, and use my degree in school leadership. I began sharing my vision of being a principal with him. It was a waste of breath. Randy wasn't buying it. When I told him I could do both, he went through an exhausting explanation of how I was just getting seduced by the dark side of a regular paycheck. After a couple of hours (actually it was only a few minutes), it was someone else's turn, and I closed with the promise to think more about it before making a decision. That weekend, I was giving a presentation for the National Speakers Association on how to build their speaking businesses.Something strange, almost Super Natural, happened at that convention. First, when I walked into the hotel, I noticed that there were two conventions being held that weekend. One was for the Speakers Association and the other for the Principals Association! .

Daily Christian WisdomIts in the difficult times that were growing and you cant just rebuke everything hard. We've got to endure it and fight the good fight of faith and pass the test.

Always Look to the Lord...Live Well...Love All...Be Safe...Dave...

The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise long for a state of tranquility.
-Swami Rama

No comments: